Exiscan Ultrasound Ports
Ultrasound Ports - Automatic Compliance Made Quick & Easy
Keep energized electrical equipment closed during ultrasound inspection, and easily comply with OSHA, NFPA 70E, CSA Z462 and similar electrical safety mandates.
Closed-panel inspections eliminate inherently high-risk tasks, such as removing panels or opening hinged doors, making your work processes safer for personnel, plant assets and processes.
Inspection ports provide direct line-of-site access to ultrasonic waves that are otherwise not accessible from equipment with tight seals.
Access the Inaccessible
How does your facility perform ultrasound inspections on equipment that is tightly sealed or can no longer be opened while energized due to that
equipment’s voltage or incident energy rating? How does your facility inspect equipment protected by switched interlocks? Ultrasound ports provide safe access to “inaccessible” energized equipment.
Analyze Better Data
Exiscan™ Ultrasound Ports feature a conical backend to capture and focus ultrasonic waves from broad angles within the equipment. Conical front-end allows for the technician to angle data collection cones for line-of-site aim through the port of over 45º for direct access to most components in switchgear.
Over-Engineered for Your Safety
The XUP series is built to out-live your enclosure. Our port’s body and cover are machined from half-inch bar stock aluminum. All other components are stainless steel.
Ultrasound Ports Anatomy
[A] 1/4″ (6.4 mm) Diameter Opening:
- Complies with UL and IP standards for finger safe.
[B] Conical Opening:
- Reverse parabolic cone tool from portable ultrasound instrument easily pivots in all directions to locate source(s) of ultrasonic emissions.
[C] Window & Body Cover:
- Machined from 1/2″ aluminum bar stock for unmatched resilience (stainless steel available).
- Treated with Mil Spec anodizing process and then powder coated for “belt and suspenders” protection against industrial environments.
- Cover mounted on stainless steel hinges for ease of use and captivated component.
- Cover fastens with 1/4-28 stainless steel, spring loaded, captive screw for a safe, secure seal.
[D] Conical Backend:
- Shaped to capture ultrasonic waves from wide angles and draw them to the opening for analysis, while allowing technicians broad angles to determine the precise origination of anomalies.
[E] Mounting Fitting:
- Uses standard 1/2″ conduit knockout and conduit nut for easy installation.
- NEMA 4X seal for indoor and outdoor use.